MILWAUKEE, WI – Other Wisconsinites are flocking to the water basins to cool off as the summer heat builds. However, the Milwaukee County park system only lists a few water parks, outdoor pools, and splash pads that were open this summer due to understaffing.
Of the seven pools, only two are open. The county website says all indoor pools are closed. Many splash pads and kiddie pools are closed, and some need to be determined whether or not they will open. However, three out of four water parks in the county are open this summer.
Here is a list of pools in Milwaukee County that are still open this summer:
- Sheridan Park Pool, 4800 S. Lake Dr., Cuhday, WI 53110
- Wilson Park Pool, 4001 S. 20th St., Milwaukee, WI 53221
These water parks will also remain open:
- Cool Waters Water Park, 2028 S. 124th St., West Allis, WI 53227
- Schulz Water Park, 1301 W. Hampton Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53209
- TOSA Pool at Hoyt Park, 1800 N. Swan Blvd, Wauwatosa, WI 53226
The park system says the remaining pools are closed due to a shortage of lifeguards. Bradford Beach will be open with no lifeguards on duty.