NEYMAR’S dad has refused to rule out a sensational move to Real Madrid for his son at some point in the future. The Brazilian superstar, 25, left Barcelona to join Paris Saint-Germain during the summer in a world record £198million deal.
But there have been reports he is unhappy in the French capital with a transfer to the 12-time European champions having even been mooted. And Neymar’s dad added fuel to the speculation, telling Fox Sports: “Things can change a lot.
- “Right now, there is no thought [of a move to Real Madrid] and answering this is just discussing an impossibility.”
- “I can’t talk not about negotiations in five or six years.”
“Neymar has a lengthy contract at PSG and has just arrived. We’ve been here for three months and there is already talk of an exit. “It is difficult to talk about these things.”
The former Santos superstar has previously spoken of his desire to retire in his homeland. And his father insists that is something that is still on the agenda, adding: “I don’t believe Neymar will leave Europe within eight years.
- “Our job is to keep him in the place we have dreamt of, and our dream was to come to Europe.
- “For this reason, I don’t see Neymar returning.
- “Maybe in a few years’ time, he could go to Palmeirs, Flamengo or Santos — right now, it’s all speculation.”