RACING takes place at Ascot today and we have you covered with all the latest runners, results, tips and going news.
Get yourself along to the racecourse or watch on tv as racing gets underway this afternoon.
What time does racing start at Ascot?
The first race is at 12.20pm.
There are seven races on the card and the last race is due off at 3.50pm.
What TV channel is Ascot on?
You can watch the racing at Ascot on Racing UK.
Racing UK is on Sky channel 432, Virgin channel 536, and UPC in Ireland on channel 411.
Start your Cheltenham wallet today
What is the going at the racecourse?
The going is currently Good to Soft.
Racecourse information with leading jockeys and trainers with runners today:
- Right-handed triangular track of 1m 6f, 10 stiff fences to a circuit, uphill finish and 240yd run-in.
- Favourites: (2012-17): 264 have won out of 898 races (29.4%). At the previous corresponding meetings, 43 have won out of 104 races (41.3%).
- Leading trainers (2012-17): P Nicholls 33-157, N Henderson 28-162, P Hobbs 17-103, A King 15-101.
- Leading jockeys (2012-17): B J Geraghty 26-104, A Coleman 18-102, Jamie Moore 10-58, N De Boinville 9-35.
- P Hobbs won the 2.05 in 2012 and 2016.
- N Henderson won the 12.55 in 2014 and 2016, and won the 2.40 in 2008, 2009 and 2012, and won the 3.50 in 2013 and 2014.
- P Nicholls won the 2.05 in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014, and won the 3.15 in 2007 and 2010.
- T Symonds won the 1.30 in 2012 and 2013.
- G L Moore won the 3.15 in 2009 and 2016.
- Longest traveller: Upsilon Bleu (3.15) trained by Miss P Robson, Capheaton, round trip of 626 miles.
Templegate’s tips for today’s meeting at Ascot:
Today’s Ascot racecards and results:
Templegate’s TV Tips
Haydock 1.50 – Clyne: ‘He thrives on testing ground and has talented conditional Mitchell Bastyan on board’ (add to your betslip)
Ascot 2.05 – Top Notch: ‘Nice prep run at Aintree should have put him right for this’ (add to your betslip)
Haydock 2.25 – The Worlds End: ‘Last season’s best staying novice hurdler should handle conditions’ (add to your betslip)
Ascot 2.40 – Defi Du Seuil: ‘He should pick up where he left off last season’ (add to your betslip)
Haydock 3.00 – Cue Card: ‘Old favourite showing no signs that age has caught up with him just yet’ (add to your betslip)
Ascot 3.15 – Sir Valentino: ‘Impressed last season and Exeter reappearance can be forgiven’ (add to your betslip)
Haydock 3.35 – Robinsfirth: ‘His comeback fourth behind Cogry should have put him spot on for this’ (add to your betslip)